Considering the effort and resources that go into a car purchase, it is only apt that the same amount of effort would be given for car maintenance. Prolonging the life of a car greatly depends on how the owner performs preventative maintenance. Keeping a vehicle in top running condition requires discipline. It is important to know your vehicle both as a whole and by its individual parts. Take the time out to learn the best practices for preventative maintenance. An important first step in auto maintenance is reading and understanding the owner’s manual. In addition to that, Fox & Fox, is here to share a few tips about car maintenance. Read on and take notes:
* Brakes – Working brakes are important to ensure your safety. Make it a habit to regularly check your brakes for any malfunction. Every two years, the brake fluid should also be professionally replaced. Without proper car maintenance, brake issues such as rotted brake lines or malfunctioning anti-lock brake pumps may occur, which could be even more damaging to the car and to your budget.
* Fluids – Clean fluids are needed since it runs through the car system to keep all car parts healthy. Vehicle fluids such as antifreeze coolant, power steering, transmission, and brake fluids should be checked and replaced when needed. Check the windshield washer fluid, too.
* Oil – Regular oil change is very important in order to keep your car in proper running order. This helps improve the life of your car’s engine and also allows your car to maximize the horsepower it puts on the road.
* Gas – A cheaper grade of gas does not mean you can opt to use it. Always use the gas specifically formulated for your vehicle type. Just scout through different gas stations and choose one with cheaper gas prices in order to help you save some money.
* Upkeep – Cleaning both the interior and exterior of the vehicle regularly results to an enjoyable ride and improves the car’s resale value. Any rust bubbles or dents noticed when washing the car must be quickly addressed.
Regular car maintenance is important in order for your car to serve you well for a long time. Should you encounter more complicated vehicle issues, contact a professional auto mechanic like Fox & Fox. We dedicate ourself to providing quality workmanship alongside fair auto repair cost estimates.
Fox and Fox is one of the most notable auto repair shops in Fort Wayne. We are BBB Accredited and A+ rated.